What Are Healthy Nails-Characteristics Of Healthy Nails
Applying nail art or a favorite nail polish color is something that many women now do. Nail art is a very popular activity. Putting on the beauty of nails can improve your image a lot. But overdoing nail art, or some bad habits in your life can cause your nails to become weak and unhealthy. So what is a healthy nail? What are the characteristics of healthy nails? We talked to a nail care specialist to find out for sure whether your nails are healthy and this is what you are looking for.
Characteristics of healthy nails:
- Nail plate is pink white
- Stratum corneum
- Nails and white tips are uniform in length
- Half-moon-shaped white part protruding from the bottom of the nail
Characteristics of unhealthy nails:
- Nails fall off abnormally
- Tiny white spots usually mean that you often bite or paint your nails
- Horizontal grooves may be caused by pressure, fever, or blocked fingers
- Redness and swelling around the nails may be caused by removing or biting the cuticle
- Spoon-shaped nails may be a sign of iron deficiency or anemia
The pictures above are from Pinterest
See more ideas about nail healthy, nail art design and pretty nails.