Hello there! Hope you are well and had a great weekend! Today I am sharing a birthday collaboration manicure with you.
This is a birthday manicure created for one of the sweet ladies on IG. The group theme was Hello Kitty nails, I could not pass up on this opportunity to use one of my oldest stamping plate purchase and one of the newest BeautyBIgBang nail art product!
How to achieve this look:
- Apply white base colours on all nails and add top coat.
- Gradient the pastel colours using a slightly damp sponge onto the nail
- Add gold flakes sparingly and protect with another coat of top coat
- Create stamping decal using the stamper method. (I picked up the image onto the stamper as usual, using the black stamping polish. Let it dry before adding colours to parts of the image (bows etc).
- Cover the decal with Sally Hansen Double Duty, then let dry…
- I carefully transfer the decal onto the nail and apply a generous coat of top coat to seal in the design.
- Models Own nail varnishes in Sugar Rush, Candy Floss and Lemon Popsicle
- Painted Polish Midnight Mischief
- MyOnlineShop JR40 (from Nail Artisan UK)
- Gold Silver Glitter Aluminium Flake SKU:J2430-GD
- Sinful Colors Snow Me White
- Sally Hansen Double Duty polish
- Glisten & Glow Top Coat
Mini review on BeautyBigBang Gold Glitter Aluminium Chrome Flakes
First of all, I would like to start with the price! $1.59 (or £1.25) for a nail art item, this is what I call a good deal! Although there is only 0.2g of product in the little tub, but that is plenty considering how light the actual material is.
I did find it fiddly to use as it is fairly light and I wanted it to go exactly where I needed the gold flakes. But this is the same problem I had with other flakes, I am not too familiar with the use of flakes yet! I hope to get better and limit myself to use a long handle brush instead of the little eye shadow applicator that comes with the tub. It is absolutely fine to use the applicator, but I need more precision!
I find the flakes add an extra bit of glam and sparkle to any nail design, and cannot wait to use it again. I have couple more designs in mind utilising this item.
To buy the flakes: https://www.beautybigbang.com/products/1-box-gold-silver-glitter-aluminum-flakes-magic-mirror-effect-powders-sequins-nail-gel-polish-chrome-pigment-decorations [SKU:J2430-GD]
This is currently $1.59USD only, you can use my 10% discount code LEMON to save extra pennies. This code can be used on all items on the site, so have fun shopping!
NOTE: The tub of Gold aluminium flakes is a PR sample, and was sent to me for honest review.